What We Support
The A.A. Van Elslander Foundation provides grants within the state of Michigan in the areas of children, health and human services, and is guided by the values and intent of its founder, Art Van Elslander:
- A deep affection for and commitment to giving back to the people of Michigan.
- A profound desire to help those with impaired eyesight, and supporting medical research efforts seeking advancement in this area.
- Supporting education and treatment of people suffering with substance addiction.
- Improving the lives of children and adults with cognitive and developmental disabilities.
- Favoring organizations which are entrepreneurial-minded and seek to be self-sustainable.
- Treating everyone with respect and dignity, and acting with kindness.
- Encouraging personal responsibility.
“People need hope.”
Art Van Elslander